Followers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

New technique: Letterpress emboss

I am in a Stampin Up! card club that meets bimonthly. For our swaps, we were to try a new technique we'd never done. I chose a letterpress emboss technique. I have never done this before and I found it well, challenging! I was expecting it to be a much deeper embossed image. I think that may have to do w/ the plate I used w/ my Cuttlebug. I am going to get a new set of plates, hopefully today. I'm irritated w/ myself I wasn't flipping them and one got really warped. Lesson learned there! :-)

For the letterpress, you ink up the plate (easiest with a brayer) then lay your paper on top and put your clear plate on top and run through your embossing machine (Big Shot, Sizzix, or Cuttlebug). I used Fancy Fan from SU. 

If any of you need any SU supplies and don't have a demonstrator already, I'd love if you visited my girlfriend's site listed. She's one of my besties!

Happy Sunday & as always,
Happy Stamping ladies!!

No comments: